some files can't be used for multimedia

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Pat Farrell
    Member
    • Jan 2024
    • 15

    #1

    some files can't be used for multimedia

    I've been reorganizing my multimedia source files. Most of the file links are broken. For most of the files, when I click on the broken link, I get a file select box/picker and can easily select the source file. Easy. But for maybe 20% of my files, the file, its name and its icon are grayed out. I can't select them. I can't tell which these specific files aren't accepted.
    I've checked the file protection and ownership. They are just stanrd JPG or PDF files. But Renion 13 wont allow me to select and use them. What am I doing wrong?

    See the "HarrySLastRunNewspaper.jpg file is showed grayed out and there is no proper thumbnail for that file. There is a group of "JackScogin" files that. are grayed out

    Thanks
    Pat

    Screenshot 2026-10-06 at 12.19.28 PM.png
  • Gregg
    Technical Support
    • Feb 2005
    • 733

    #2
    Go into your Mac's Finder and select one of the files that is grayed out in the media file select window and choose File > Get Info. Post a screenshot of the get info window for that file.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

    Comment

    • Pat Farrell
      Member
      • Jan 2024
      • 15

      #3
      Here are a couple of the grayed out files Screenshot 2026-10-06 at 3.56.07 PM.png Screenshot 2026-10-06 at 3.57.25 PM.png

      Comment

      • Gregg
        Technical Support
        • Feb 2005
        • 733

        #4
        It looks like these two files are stored on an external hard drive. Can you try moving those two files to the pictures folder on your Mac’s hard drive hard drive, just to see if they will become enabled when you try to link them.
        Gregg Witmer
        Leister Productions, Inc.

        Comment

        • Pat Farrell
          Member
          • Jan 2024
          • 15

          #5
          They are all on an external hard drive. My Mac's internal hard drive is tiny and won't hold much. I can put copies of a couple as a test. But all the other photos, that Reunion is fine with, are in the same folder on the same external drive. Will do some testing and get back

          Comment

          Working...