Search Tool Not Working in Web Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Tool Not Working in Web Project

I have a Web Project I am developing in R12 on a Mac running Monterey 12.6.7.

I have enabled the Search function in Web Preferences. It does show up in the top header on the final HTML files and it will let you enter search terms. However, when you hit Return to execute the search, there is no response at all. No error message, it just stays on the same page instead of jumping to a surname, or an index card or a name on the index list. I'm not sure what it is designed to do but you would expect some kind of action.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Does anyone have a working Search Tool and what does it actually give you as a search result? Surely, it doesn't try to search the internet or something like that?

Thanks for any ideas.
    Screen Shot 2023-07-14 at 11.42.50 AM.png

Originally posted by mlohr View Post
    I have a Web Project I am developing in R12 on a Mac running Monterey 12.6.7.

I have enabled the Search function in Web Preferences. It does show up in the top header on the final HTML files and it will let you enter search terms. However, when you hit Return to execute the search, there is no response at all...
    Based on your note, it sounds like the report is being stored/opened/viewed locally (on your Mac), as opposed to opening/viewing it after it has been uploaded to a website?

If so, the search function won’t work there because, most likely, your web browser is blocking Javascript from loading local files (the search function needs to load a JSON file with the index). While you can technically turn off this security feature of the web browser, we generally don’t recommend it.

That being said, once the project is uploaded to a website the search function should work. If it doesn’t, let us know.

Thanks

Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X