Deleting an out-of-date obituary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting an out-of-date obituary

I added an obituary some time ago for my great grandfather. Since then, I have found that some of the people listed as 'survivors' have since died. And I have found my great grandfather's birthplace. Is there some way to delete the obituary? Or have I missed something? I can't find any reference to deleting in the Manual, and want to bring my family file up to date with a new 'obituary'.
    Thanks for any help
    Carol.

Hi is the obituary in notes you can delete it by highlighted it and go to edit in reunion in the drop down menu it has delete

Comment

C Quirk is talking about the Reunion generated obituary found under reports in the left hand column.
      rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Yes thank you. This is what I'm talking about. Unable to highlight then delete.

Comment

Obituary Reports are automatically generated by Reunion and cannot be edited directly. As is traditional for obituaries, they are written from the perspective of the person's death date. As the manual says:

The references to other people in the Obituary report are worded as if the report was written on the death date of the source person. Thus, the use of phrases like "is survived by" should be interpreted as if they were written on the death date of the source person — not today's date.
          If you want to edit an obituary, you can use the share button at the bottom of the window to save it (to Word, a text file, etc.), then edit that.
          Brad Mohr
          https://bradandkathy.com/genealogy/

Comment

Thanks. I tried that, edited it and saved it, but it is still the same in his person view. Cannot delete it or change it there.

Comment

OK I generated a persons sheet for him and was able to delete the obituary in that. It has now miraculously disappeared from his notes!

Comment

Working...
              X