"Host Family File is Missing"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Host Family File is Missing"

Hi. I'm using a free Dropbox account. I can access my family file with my desktop an laptop, but get the message "Host Family File is Missing" on my iPhone. I have no other devices using my dropbox account. Any help would be appreciated.

I recommend verifying that your family file is still in Dropbox, as explained in the first item on this web page...
    https://leisterpro.com/reuniontouch/...s/synchelp.php

If this applies to your family file, follow the steps to move it back into Dropbox on your Mac.

I hope you find this information helpful in resolving the problem
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Deb. The family file is definitely still in Dropbox. Using ReunionTouch on my iPhone, I can see the family file in dropbox, but it is greyed-out.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverman19 View Post
        The family file is definitely still in Dropbox. Using ReunionTouch on my iPhone, I can see the family file in dropbox, but it is greyed-out.
        By any chance, does the file name end with the ".zip" file extension?

I.e., similar to this...
        Riverman19 Family File 13.zip
        ...or...
        Riverman19 Family File 13.familyfile13.zip

If so, the problem is due to it being compressed/zipped. If that is the case, the solution would be to unzip/decompress it within the Dropbox folder on your Mac. Then, after Dropbox is done syncing, you will be able to downloaded that unzipped/decompressed family file into ReunionTouch.

Another possible cause may be that the file is actually an alias. (I.e., a shortcut to the original file.) If this is the case, the file name would end with the word alias, similar to this...
        Riverman19 Family File 13.familyfile13 alias
        And, the solution would be to locate the original family file found some other place on your Mac and move it into Dropbox. (If there are any issues with moving the file into Dropbox, please let me know where the file is located on your computer's hard drive and we'll go from there.)

I hope you find something here helpful in resolving the problem.

However, if problems continue, please send screen shots of what you are seeing and we'll go from there.

Thanks
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Ahhhh... it does say .zip. I hadn't even noticed. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X