X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Killion View Post
    But the Clipboard only tells me their genders names, and the birth-death range. I can't see if they contain other Facts, Events, or Notes. Is there a way to see ALL of what is in the record for a person in the Clipboard?
    In order to view all of their information, they need to have a family record in the database. If you double-click an entry in the Clipboard you should be given the option to create a new record for that person. You'll then be able to view all of their information as you would for any other record in the database.

I tried opening both databases and dragging from the Clipboard of one to the Clipboard of the other. Doesn't work, but I thought I'd try.
    This is expected -- dragging a person from one family file to another is not supported, though it's on our wish list for consideration. In order to transfer entries from one family file to another, you would need to mark those entries (if in the Clipboard, you'll need to create a new record for them as mentioned above), then close the file with the entries you want to transfer, open the other file, and use:

File -> Import -> Reunion Family File...

To import just the marked entries from the file that contains them.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Killion
    started a topic Mystery entry in the Clipboard?

Mystery entry in the Clipboard?

I have eight or so people in my Clipboard, that I placed there at some point or another. I know longer remember recall the details, but the names tell me they were folks I hoped to connect up eventually. But the Clipboard only tells me their genders names, and the birth-death range. I can't see if they contain other Facts, Events, or Notes. Is there a way to see ALL of what is in the record for a person in the Clipboard?

The only workaround I can image is to Edit > Add Unrelated Person and give it a fake name, then add all of these mystery people as children. From there I can see the full records. At that point I can either delete them from the database, or put them back in the Clipboard.

Any other ideas?

ALSO: I see that at least three of these people actually should be on the Clipboard of an entirely different database. I tried opening both databases and dragging from the Clipboard of one to the Clipboard of the other. Doesn't work, but I thought I'd try.
Working...
X