Chart showing relatives of married couple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart showing relatives of married couple

I have a cousin who's getting remarried soon, and for the after-party (the wedding will be tiny, because COVID) I'd love to bring a chart showing at minimum the couple, their kids by their respective first spouses, and the couple's parents and grandparents. Ideally, I'd like to include the couple's sibs and their kids, as well as the couple's grand-kids.
    I figure this will involve some kind of hourglass chart, but for a couple, not an individual, and I'm not knowledgeable enough about Reunion to know whether this is possible, or if so, how to do it.
    Using Reunion 12, but willing to buy 13 if that will give me the capability to do this.

Scott,
    I'm not sure if this will work but it's worth a try. I've just experimented in Reunion 13 (can't remember if this was in 12 or not).

Choose Tree View of the couple concerned which then brings up a chart.

At the bottom of the window there is a small "square" with an Arrow pointing upwards - click on it to open another small window and select "preview/print" You will then get a chart which can be printed off in Preview.

Worth a try

Alan
    iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Alan,

Not exactly what I'm looking for, but it is a neat trick; thanks for sharing. I had been taking a screenshot instead, but this is better.

I still wish that creating a tree chart just like this were an option.

Thanks again,

Scott

Comment

I'm not aware of a way to click a button and get what you want, but this is something you might consider:

Make an hourglass chart for the bride and one for the groom. (Optional: manually delete their first spouse from their box in each of the charts.) Copy one hourglass chart and past it into the other hourglass chart. Draw a line to connect the couple.

If this isn't exactly what you want, perhaps some variation might work for you.
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
        X