Reunion 12 compatibility with macOS Big Sur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion 12 compatibility with macOS Big Sur

Does Reunion 12 work with macOS Big Sur?

Hi. I would like to upgrade my Mac to macOS Big Sur, but only if it can run Reunion 12 without problems.

Has anyone encountered problems with Reunion 12 after upgrading to Big Sur?

Any reports appreciated.

Yes, this is something that I would very much like to know. There are a number of reasons why I don't need or wish to upgrade to Reunion 13, and if 12 won't run under Big Sur then I'm stuck with Catalina.

Comment

Reunion 12 is compatible with Big Sur.

Just make sure you have the latest update of Reunion 12. To check this, open Reunion 12 and select Help > Check for Updates from the menu at the top.
      Gregg Witmer
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Just installed Big Sur and using Reunion 12.
        Have a problem with Christening dates, open my main file and all looks ok, click on my father and everything except for the date in the chr field changes.
        The chr dates remain mine and my wife's even through I am now looking at my parents.
        If I go into the detail for my father the data is correct.

Comment

Thanks Bob for your report.

Since there seem to be an issues with smart lists in family view, I think I'll hold out for a while before updating to macOS Big Sur, waiting for another maintenance update for Reunion.

I kept using Reunion 12 for my main work for a while after Reunion 13 was released. My main issue with Reunion 13 was the introduction of universal find (aside from the function "sort events" not working as expected). I do a lot of searches. The short command + F is assigned to universal find in Reunion 13, whereas in Reunion 12 it was assigned to what now is called advanced find. I have 60000 persons and 50000 sources with source transcripts in my family file. With large family files, universal search is very slow. A search typically takes around 40 seconds on my 16-inch MacBook Pro. Universal search is not just slow, the results are quite broad as well. Perhaps there will be some cases where I'll use this feature someday once I look into it some more, but right now, I don't see how universal find could be useful for me. I initially thought there was no quick way to go to advanced find, but yesterday I discovered the shortcut af for advanced find. So now I upgraded my main family file and started working in Reunion 13 full time. I do wish I could assign cmd+f to advanced find. I guess I'll get used to the new shortcut after a few days of using it.

Comment

We just released an updated build of Reunion 12 that addresses a few minor cosmetic issues related to Big Sur. This update should correct the problem described by Bob Plumridge.

To install this update, choose Help > Check for Updates from Reunion's main menubar and click "Update Now."
            Gregg Witmer

Comment

Just installed the update and that has fixed my problem, many thanks. Bob

Comment

I recently upgraded to MacOS Big Sur. I’m using Reunion12
                Today I went to send an email using the Share Tree View button on the bottom of the screen but it is no longer working properly. (see picture).
                I always use and LOVE the Microsoft Outlook choice for this. It automatically opens and starts an email with the Tree View PDF file already attached.
                The functionality works. The email is automatically generated with a correctly labeled PDF Tree View however – when I, or the email recipient, open the PDF file it is blank. NOTE: I also tested the Print Preview and Copy to Clipboard selections and they too produce a result that is blank.

This feature still works beautifully from the Family View, but not the Tree View.

Is this a known issue with Big Sur and Reunion12?

I’m also curious if this would still be an issue if I upgrade to Reunion13?
                Thank-you.

Share Tree View.png

Comment

Yes, this is a known issue with Big Sur and Reunion 12.

You can work around this by changing the maginfication of the Tree View to 100% then go out to the Family View and back into the Tree View again. As long as you keep the magnification to 100% you will be able to copy to the Clipboard in Big Sur.

This is not a problem in Reunion 13.
                  Gregg Witmer

Comment

Thank-you so much - that work around worked!!! I'd be lost without this wonderful feature.

Comment

Originally posted by joshualutz View Post
                      Does Reunion 12 work with macOS Big Sur?

Hi. I would like to upgrade my Mac to macOS Big Sur, but only if it can run Reunion 12 without problems.

Has anyone encountered problems with Reunion 12 after upgrading to Big Sur?

Any reports appreciated.
                      I'm not sure if this is related to Big Sur or not - or something I've done - but every record in my tree tells me a last modified date of today. All people, even those I haven't viewed in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by AndreTheGeek View Post
                        I'm not sure if this is related to Big Sur or not - or something I've done - but every record in my tree tells me a last modified date of today.
                        Open Reunion 12 and choose Help > Check for Updates (from the menu at the top). This sounds like a cosmetic/display issue with Big Sur that was addressed a while ago.
                        Frank Leister
                        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                          Open Reunion 12 and choose Help > Check for Updates (from the menu at the top). This sounds like a cosmetic/display issue with Big Sur that was addressed a while ago.
                          Thanks. I had done an update right after installing Big Sur, but alas, I followed your instructions and there was another update. It is fixed! Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                          X