Obituary Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obituary Report

I found a bug. When an Obituary is selected, it produces: Francis Lancaster was preceded in death by one son, Francis Lancaster Jr. of Tam Kỳ, Quảng Nam, Vietnam; one sister, Katherine of Berlin, Washington, Vermont. Those locations are where they died, not where they were born.
    They were both born in New Jersey.
    That now casts severe doubt on all the booklets I've produced for my family containing Reunion produced Obituaries. Can you get that fixed, please?
    Last edited by pforbes; 20 September 2020, 11:15 AM.

This is not a bug.
    From the Reunion User Guide... The "of" places for people in the obituary report are taken from the most recent event for a person — provided the event is before the death date of the obituary's source person. Thus, in some cases, the "of" locations report, for the death, the death place or, for the living, the birth place. Needless to say, in these instances the "of" locations would be "wrong" for people who no longer live where they were born.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

So if you entered a Residence event dated just before the death, the obituary report would use that as the location?
      Dennis B. Swaney
      Prescott, AZ

MacOS 10.13.6; MacOS 12.6; iOS 16; iPadOS 12 & 16

Comment

That's correct, Dennis.
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Errr.. No.

Many people in my family tree how lived in the 'Westland' area of South Holland – West of Rotterdam, South-West of Delft and South of The Hague – spent their last hours in a hospital in Delft, where the main regional hospital was, and they died there... even if they didn't live there. However, Reunion flags them as being from 'Delft', because technically that's where they died, even if I have put a Residence event for the place where they actually lived in the year of their death.

It appears, though, that because the Death event is the last living event, Reunion takes this as being the place where they last resided, even if this is not the case. Having a Residence event prior to the Death event with a different place does not change this.
          --
          Eric Van Beest
          Spring, TX

Researching: Van Beest, Feijen, Van Herk

Comment

Sorry, my mistake - I misread the manual entry. You are correct, if the death date if the person in question is before the death date of the person that is the source of the report, then the date place will be used.
            Mark Harrison
            Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
            X