save to Dropbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

save to Dropbox

This is so basic, but I can't seem to do it. How do I have Reunion save to Dropbox? Also, where is the actual file? I've search my computer but can't find it. I'm using 12.

By default, Reunion 12 should store your family files in:

Documents/Reunion Files/

Though it's possible they could have been saved elsewhere. If you open the family file in Reunion 12 and go to:

File -> Get Info...

In the main menu-bar at the top of the computer screen, the drop-down window that opens will show the File Location (note: not Reunion Location). That will tell you were the family file is located.

Once you've determined where the family file is located, quit out of Reunion and open a Finder window. Then, in the Finder window, navigate to the folder containing the family file. Once located, Control+Click/Right-Click on the family file and, in the drop-down that opens, you should see a Move to Dropbox option (assuming Dropbox is installed and running). Selecting that will move the family file to Dropbox.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

I've got a new computer about a week ago. My Reunion file is saved in Dropbox and I've accessed the file from my new computer without a problem continuing to add to the file. I just discovered that information is missing. From my new computer I went to access an individual added a few months ago, and the person is not there. If I access the same file from my old computer the person is there. I'm also missing about 100 sources from the old file, and new sources I've added in the past week now have duplicate source numbers. HELP. Why is this happening and how do I straighten this out?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        By default, Reunion 12 should store your family files in: Documents/Reunion Files/ ...................HTH
        You are the expert. However, I thought and the manual implies that the family file needs to be in the Dropbox folder for proper sharing and syncing. (MacintoshHD > Users > YourName > Dropbox) Is there actually no requiring that the family file be in the Dropbox folder?
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by moughty View Post
          From my new computer I went to access an individual added a few months ago, and the person is not there. If I access the same file from my old computer the person is there.
          I would recommend checking the items in this FAQ, specifically these items (check these on both Macs):

Verify that the family file you're using is actually in your Dropbox folder.

Verify that your Mac and device are using the same Dropbox account. - Note that you won't want to follow the steps for "To check the name of the Dropbox account on your device", since an iOS device (iPad/iPhone) isn't involved in this case. Instead you should follow the "To check the name of the Dropbox account on your Mac" steps on both Macs.

Verify Dropbox is running on your Mac.

Verify that syncing has not been "paused" on your Mac.

Verify your family file (or the folder containing your family file) hasn't been excluded from syncing.

While this FAQ is for issues with syncing between a Mac and an iOS device, these items can also apply to syncing between two Macs. It's likely one of these is the cause of changes not syncing.

Let us know what you find.
          Mark Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
            However, I thought and the manual implies that the family file needs to be in the Dropbox folder for proper sharing and syncing
            I was referring to the location that Reunion saves family files to by default, not the location that the family files need to be in, in order to sync. The instructions I was providing in the post you quoted were on how to move the family file from the default location to Dropbox in order to sync it.
            Mark Harrison

Comment

Working...
            X