Person Events not sorting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Person Events not sorting

Haven't ever encountered this before. Why would the Events for a person not sort when I select "Sort Events" while in the "Edit Person" window? In fact, I now see they don't sort for any of the people in my file. It used to work!

Hi Judith,
    I've just tried this in my Reunion using myself with many events. Is it because the events are already in date order by year? I mixed up some of mine as an experiment then "sort events" and they all reverted back to date order.
    Alan
    iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

No, they are actually out of order, and formatted uniformally, correctly. Tried it on multiple people...nothing happens at all when I try to sort them. Thinking maybe the file is somehow damaged...

Comment

Hi Judith,

If you're willing to send the family file to us (as outlined here) we should be able to determine why the events aren't sorting.

HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

How about a screenshot so we can see what you are looking at?
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
            Hi Judith,
            I've just tried this in my Reunion using myself with many events. Is it because the events are already in date order by year? I mixed up some of mine as an experiment then "sort events" and they all reverted back to date order.
            Alan
            Had tried that, but they didn't revert back to date order.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              Hi Judith,

If you're willing to send the family file to us (as outlined here) we should be able to determine why the events aren't sorting.

HTH
              Will do that--thanks, Mark. As far as I can tell now, it appears all events are in order and I can't even recall which people I'd had the problem with -- didn't keep a note of them because hadn't anticipated it was really a serious problem. In any case, I don't THINK it was a wide problem throughout the whole file, because at some point (not recently) I'd automatically sorted all events in all the file for all people. So I assume the problem was with people I'd added after that universal sort. After I noticed the problem last week, I experimented with shifting some events out of order manually, then doing "Sort Events" individually (but unsuccessfully) for the people I'd experimented on. Presumably, you have a better way of testing this on a few people to pinpoint the exact problem. Maybe there's a way to "FIND" all people with events out of order, but I haven't been able to figure out just how to do that.

Comment

P.S. This hasn't been a problem in the other family file I have ... just this family.

Comment

Please open the Change > Sort Events pane and change the setting under "If an event has no date" (you don't have to click the Sort button) and then go back to the person in question to see if the event sorting works.
                  Gregg Witmer
                  Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

WOW, Gregg. THAT seems to have done the trick! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

Comment

Working...
                    X