Recording house history in Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recording house history in Reunion

I've recently been collecting data on the history of our house and its previous occupants. It has rapidly become apparent that this type of research and the documents it uncovers are very similar to those which you deal with in normal family history research. Consequently I thought, could (or should) this data be accommodated within Reunion?

Has anyone else here ever done this?

There are one or two ways I can immediately think of to do this, but why re-invent the wheel! If you've already incorporated house history data into your family file, I'd be very interested to hear about the way you did it and how you got on.

Alan Boyd
    Edinburgh, Scotland

Alan,

I have been working on this also, and find that as many photos as possible will be an asset to your research. I recently found a story about this very issue in the Denver Colorado Libraryand would send it to you, if you like.

Frankfzwolinski@santarosa.edu
    Frank Zwolinski
    Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.
    MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, Reunion 11, FireFox 38.0.5, Safari 6.2.2

Comment

Frank,

I'm afraid the email address in your post bounced my direct reply to you ("User unknown"). Could you check it please.
      Alan Boyd
      Edinburgh, Scotland

Comment

Alan, I am so sorry; sometimes my fingers ar faster than my mind. The correct address is fzwolinski@santarosa.edu
        Frank Zwolinski
        Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.
        MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, Reunion 11, FireFox 38.0.5, Safari 6.2.2

Comment

Originally posted by A.S.F.Boyd View Post
          I've recently been collecting data on the history of our house and its previous occupants. It has rapidly become apparent that this type of research and the documents it uncovers are very similar to those which you deal with in normal family history research. Consequently I thought, could (or should) this data be accommodated within Reunion?

Has anyone else here ever done this?

There are one or two ways I can immediately think of to do this, but why re-invent the wheel! If you've already incorporated house history data into your family file, I'd be very interested to hear about the way you did it and how you got on.
          In Reunion > Places > Note would a good place to start with recording information about the history of the house and photos.

Now, if Leisterpro would allow the user to set a Reunion source number in the > Places > note-field and include the details of the Note field in e.g. a WebProject, we would have a reasonable solution. This would allow us to link information and images of the house to the web reprt.

Until such a feature is available, I set a link such as file:///Volumes/... in the Note-field (this link points to the image of the house attached to Reunion source). A ctrl-click on the URL shows the image of the house. I know, this is a bit cumbersome and only works within the Reunion-database itself, it's not possible to share this info. Enabling this for a Reunion report, such as a Webproject would provide a first step solution.

Regards
          Reiner
          SauerRL@me.com • info@reunion-de.de
          Web: http://www.schevenhuette.com
          Web: http://www.reunion-de.de

Comment

Working...
          X