Match & Merge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Match & Merge

For some reason, I can not get Match & Merge to work. If I go to the Match & Merge in the File and click on it, all I get is a bonk sound. If I try to just use the Entry I know is properly linked, then try to find the duplicate entry and drag it over into the 'finder' position on the other page, all I get are more bonks. I've used this several time over the last few years, but for some reason I can't get it to work. Have the processes changed?

To clarify, I have one family properly linked to his parents. I have another entry for him, same wife, with all the children listed. I have tried to add the one with the children into his parent, by selecting add parent fro sidebar. Nothing happens, so I tried to Match & Merge the two persons, but that didn't work either.

Comment

If I'm reading correctly, this is a case of the children being linked to the "wrong" mother. If so, why not just drag the children to the clipboard, delete the "wrong" mother, go to the "correct" mother and drag the children from the clipboard to her family card? Is this a case where that works? A bonk usually means whatever you want to do is unavailable with the parameters you are using and you need to modify.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Bob, this is what I first tried. I could not seem to get the program to work the way I thought it should and all children stayed attached to the family that was not linked. I'll try deleting the individual that is correctly linked and see if I can then add the unlinked one to the correct location. I know I have done this many times in the past, but I guess I should be glad that I haven't found to many of this type of error in a long time.

Comment

Update. Today I went back and tried the Match and Merge and it worked just the way I expected. Who knows what gremlin I had yesterday, just glad it left.

Comment

Working...
          X