Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helping someone start their tree in Reunion for Mac - different language?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helping someone start their tree in Reunion for Mac - different language?

I am helping someone to start their tree in Reunion (which they have just purchased). I realised before going too far ahead that they will be wanting it in Dutch. If that person lives in the Netherlands, would their version already have all the field names etc in Dutch or does that come in English and they need to change each field to suit them

If indeed their version came fully in Dutch, If I start them off in my English version, then send them that file, will it translate easily from there when they download it or is that going to create problems? I hope someone sees this before I go too far with the data.
    Last edited by BeppieChick; 14 August 2020, 06:32 PM.
    Liz Mac
    New Zealand

Genealogy - where you confuse the dead and irritate the living!!

You should have a look at the page http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/v12/al...ltresource.php

The Reunion a Dutch user would use would be the program plus a "localization" that provides the language support. One of the people posting here, Frans van Bodegom, created the Dutch localization and will probably be along to help you shortly

Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

When you make a new familyfile, the fieldnames are created AND stored within the familyfile.
      - New familyfile with English R12 -> English fieldnames
      - New family file with NL module inside R12 -> Dutch fieldnames

We have made lots of FAQ’s, might be of interest for your Dutch friend. One of the FAQ is special about fieldnames
      Link: https://www.cq-software.nl/gebruikers-vragen/

Don’t hesitate to contact us for advice or closer help.
      Frans van Bodegom
      Reunion NL Support Team

Comment

Thanks Dennis and Frans - I will pass this on to my Dutch friend and he can decide what he wishes to do - nice to know there is something. Appreciate your quick response.

Groetjes
        Liz
        Liz Mac
        New Zealand

Genealogy - where you confuse the dead and irritate the living!!

Comment

Working...
        X