Descendant chart in Reports doesn't show spouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Descendant chart in Reports doesn't show spouse

I am trying to develop a descendant chart that will show the primary person, his descendants and all spouses using the default with both individual and spouse check boxes marked for inclusion. A chart showing only the primary person with all their descendants but no spouses is produced. Is this the way this chart works?

The first thing to note is that the Descendant report shows the descendants of the selected couple - it won't show multiple spouses for the source couple of the report. If there's someone you want to see multiple spouses of, you should create the report starting with that person's parents.

The second thing is to make sure you have an appropriate name setup configured - one that will include the spouses. To do that, after going to:

Reports / Descendant

Select Define Layouts... from the Layout menu, then go to Name Setup in the list of Settings at center of the window that drops-down. On the right, click Change and, in the next drop-down, select one of the options that shows & Spouse. Click OK, then click Save.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks, Mark. I had forgotten the Name Setup was there in the Layout section. Works fine now for what I want to do.

Comment

Working...
      X