Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children links in Family view sometimes point to someone else

Hello,
    Is there any way to rebuild the linkage between people in the database? I have this odd problem where the name and information about a person in the family view is correct, but when I click on the name to edit the person a different person opens for editing.

I have tried exporting the family file as a Reunion file, I have tried saving the file as a backup, I have tried rebuilding the cache. I have even moved the person to the clipboard and restored it to a new unconnected family (that works BUT when I move the person back to the proper family it is broken again).

I thought about exporting to a gedcom but I assume it would mean relinking all the photos and sources. The file has about 3500 people in it.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help
    Harold Clark

Originally posted by Hal Clark View Post
    Hello,
    Is there any way to rebuild the linkage between people in the database? I have this odd problem where the name and information about a person in the family view is correct, but when I click on the name to edit the person a different person opens for editing.

I have tried exporting the family file as a Reunion file, I have tried saving the file as a backup, I have tried rebuilding the cache. I have even moved the person to the clipboard and restored it to a new unconnected family (that works BUT when I move the person back to the proper family it is broken again)...

Any ideas?
    Since your attempts at correcting the linking problems have not been successful, I recommend sending the family file to us. Our engineers have an internal tool which can be very helpful at fixing the linking issues you have described. Information about how to send a family file to us can be found here...

Be sure to include a note describing the problem and the names of the people involved in the problem.

Please do not make any changes to the file after sending it to us. In most instances, files can be fixed and returned within a one or two business days.

In case you're curious, we do not publish/share/sell/rent/trade information seen in a family file with others. It is kept strictly confidential.
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X