Adding 20 individuals to an already created subfile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding 20 individuals to an already created subfile

I hope this makes sense. I created a subfile from my master Reunion file. Unfortunately, I've omitted about 20 individuals. Is there an easy way to add these 20 individuals to the subfile (without creating another gedcom) or, do I have to type each person individually. thanks.

Unmark everyone then mark the 20 people (in the master file). Then File > Export and choose either GEDCOM or Reunion file (either will work in this case). This brings you to a second dialog where you will choose Marked People plus whatever other choices you want. And Export. Then import into the subfile. Make copies of both master and sub prior to export as insurance in case any problem develops.

Having said that, please be advised that you will be much better off in the long run with a single file. Having multiple files leads to more input work, errors, duplication, etc.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      Then File > Export and choose either GEDCOM or Reunion file (either will work in this case).
      There's actually a slightly easier way: don't export anything, just mark the entries as you mentioned and close the file. Then open the file that you want to transfer the entries to and use:

File -> Import -> Reunion Family File...

To import just the marked people from the other file.

I should also note that it's best not to use GEDCOM when transferring between Reunion files; GEDCOM is only needed when going to other genealogy applications. I mention this because GEDCOM has some limitations that can be problematic, like not allowing for in-line citations in note fields.

HTH
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
      X