Report listing order of marriages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report listing order of marriages

How do I change the order of marriages displayed in Family View? Is their a way to list the chronological order of marriages In reports even if displayed differently in the Family View. I want to list a person’s second marriage as the default, but the book report to list the person’s first marriage first.... or for for the Report not to say this person “first” married the preferred person.

The order of marriages in reports is determined by the other they appear in the Edit Spouses window -- you can access that window by Control+Clicking/Right-Clicking on the spouse button (blue/pink button in the Family View with the persons name on it) of the person with multiple spouses, then going to the Spouses & Children submenu of the menu that opens and finally selecting Edit Spouses...

In the window that drops-down you can either click Sort or drag the entries into the appropriate order to sort them.

Note that the Preferred option in this window determines which spouse appears by default when you navigate to the person with multiple spouses.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks Mark. Is there a way to do that using Reunion Touch?

Comment

No, it can only be done via Reunion on your Mac.
        Mark Harrison

Comment

Okay thanks. What’s the best way to list everyone with multiple marriages?

Comment

In Reunion 12 on your Mac, go to Find in the Navbar at left and from the list of Presets select With Multiple Spouses and then click Find on the right.

HTH
            Mark Harrison

Comment

Thanks again Mark. I appreciate it.

Comment

I have a related question: I'm tired of seeing multiple marriages in all my reports with them out of date order and see that there are 471 people in one of my trees (Reunion 13) shown with multiple marriages. Is there a way just to do a blanket order for all of them to show all marriages listed in date order, rather than going into the report and manually switching all the information?

Comment

Originally posted by Judith Morris View Post
                  I have a related question: I'm tired of seeing multiple marriages in all my reports with them out of date order and see that there are 471 people in one of my trees (Reunion 13) shown with multiple marriages. Is there a way just to do a blanket order for all of them to show all marriages listed in date order, rather than going into the report and manually switching all the information?
                  Yes. Marriages can be sorted for all people by choosing Change > Sort and selecting tab Marriages tab. Then, select the appropriate options and click Sort.

Additional information about using this feature can be found in the manual by searching for "sort marriages." To access the manual, open your family file and choose Help -> Content.

Deb Stuller
                  Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
                  X