Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Generate report combining couple and person fields?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generate report combining couple and person fields?

I'm trying to generate a report that correlates e-mail addresses with a particular person field. Some addresses belong to the couple, while others belong to the person. The latter case is trivially done. I haven't found a way to do the former. Any suggestions?

To provide an example, suppose I use a person field to store a member number in some organization. I want a report showing e-mail address associated with each member number. If the address is stored with the person, I'm fine. If the address is stored with the couple, it's not clear how to do that or if it can even be done.
    Tom Olin

The default location to enter a mailing address, an email address, or a phone number for a person is in that particular person's Contact Information window.

I.e., when on the family view of a person for whom you want to add a mailing address, an email address, or a phone number, choose Edit -> Contact Info. Then, click on that person's name tab at the top of the Contact Information window that drops down.

By default, the mailing address fields are the only ones shown. However, you can add "Email" and/or a "Home," "Mobile," or "Work" phone number by selecting the appropriate option from the "Add Field" menu.

Information can be entered for each "person" or for the "couple" or for both.

I hope you find this information helpful in doing what you are wanting

However, if this is not helpful, please rephrase your question and we'll go from there.

Thanks
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Deb, thanks but not really helpful.

Suppose Jim & Sandy Smith use a common e-mail address. Per the manual, I might store that as the family's contact info. Now suppose we have a fact field for Favorite Color. Is there a way to generate a report that reports Jim's (shared) e-mail address along with his favorite color? If I stored the e-mail address on Jim's contact tab, this is trivial, but what if it's on the family tab?
      Tom Olin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Olin View Post
        ...Suppose Jim & Sandy Smith use a common e-mail address. Per the manual, I might store that as the family's contact info. Now suppose we have a fact field for Favorite Color. Is there a way to generate a report that reports Jim's (shared) e-mail address along with his favorite color? If I stored the e-mail address on Jim's contact tab, this is trivial, but what if it's on the family tab?
        Thanks for your clarification.

When creating the report, you would select "Contact Info" in the layout window for "Family Fields" and select the "Favorite Color" field for Person Fields/Spouse Fields, whichever is appropriate for that particular report.

I.e., you would select the desired report. Then, in the report panel prompting you to select "Who," "Generations," etc., click on the Layout menu button and select "Define Layouts" from the menu that appears. Afterward, click on Person Fields, Spouse Fields, or Family Fields under Settings in the layout window. Then, check the appropriate box/boxes for the field/fields you want included in the report for that specific set of fields. After you are finished selecting the fields and other Settings options for the report, click the Save button at the bottom and create or open the report.

I hope this is helpful to you
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Deb, I can work with that for now. Ideally, I'd like tabular output, such as I could generate from a List Window. That is, each line would contain just the family e-mail address and the person's favorite color. Assuming that's not possible, I can parse a report to get what I need. Thanks!
          Tom Olin

Comment

Working...
          X