Creating a report with "Research Notes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a report with "Research Notes"

I created a Note type called Research. I use it to log research I want to do for on that person. Does anyone know if there is a way to create a Report (a Register, I guess), that would print ONLY the person's name, birth and death dates, plus any Research Notes associated with that person's file? Or even a report that contains all the Notes associated with that person? I have been playing around with it, but can't do any better than a report that contains the person, the person's spouse, the person's children, then the Research Notes. Any ideas how to get rid of the spouse and children?

Would a Family Group Sheet work?
    Kevan Yuck, RU~13.0 (Build: 210616) 64-bit, macOS 11.4
    Search - Hebner, Hein(s), Keuhl, Wilke, Juch, Yuch, Yuck, Yuke

Comment

Thanks so much for replying! This COULD work, format-wise, and the Research notes DO print, thank you for the suggestion, but I still get all the spouse and children info on each page. I set up the Layout (I thought) to exclude all those, but they still show up.... hmmmm....

Comment

There aren't any reports that won't include at least the names of spouses and children of the source of the report. You can exclude all the fields associated with them (well, not in a Family Group Sheet since the source and spouse show the same fields), but not their names.

What I'd recommend is creating a person sheet with just the two fields you want, then setting the Destination to you're preferred word processor (e.g. Pages, TextEdit, Word, etc.) and, once the report opens in your preferred word processor, deleting any information you don't want included.

HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X