Citation Detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citation Detail

What does it mean when you look at "Citations to source #nn" and the Citation Detail says (Q:1) or (Q:3) etc,?
    Kevan Yuck, RU~13.0 (Build: 210616) 64-bit, macOS 11.4
    Search - Hebner, Hein(s), Keuhl, Wilke, Juch, Yuch, Yuck, Yuke

Whatever is in the Citation Detail was put there by the person who entered the citation. In this case, the citation is probably to a quarterly magazine, and the detail is telling you that the specific issue of the magazine was Q:1 (quarter 1, January) or Q:3 (quarter 3, July) of the year that probably appears elsewhere in the citation.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

This could also be the Quality of Data (QUAY) tag imported from a GEDCOM file. The person that entered the source citation might have rated the certainty of the citation on a scale of 0 - 3.
      Gregg Witmer
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

The Citation Detail [Q:3] were put into the Citations detail field by another contributor.
        Kevan Yuck, RU~13.0 (Build: 210616) 64-bit, macOS 11.4
        Search - Hebner, Hein(s), Keuhl, Wilke, Juch, Yuch, Yuck, Yuke

Comment

So how do Reunion users document Quality of Data? I saw the field in the source preference list, but this is really a citation-by-citation issue. I haven't figured out how I'm going to do this in Reunion yet. I wish I could add that field to the citation template as a separate field so that I could search on it (to upgrade my evidence, for instance).
          Lives in Texas
          Using R12 on iMac 2015, running Mojave; RTouch on iPad
          Researching SACKS; FARNSWORTH; HUNTER; KADERABEK; HOLY; CERNY; and SUCHOVSKY

Comment

If you are lumping sources, like it seems you are, I don't think you have any alternatives other than to add it to the citation detail field. Ideally it would be nice if Reunion had a rating system you could attach to citations.

Comment

Lumping sources is relative. I'm not using one source for an entire census, but I do have one source for my marriage license. In my case, my marriage license is a great primary source for facts about my marriage, but it also lists parents, ages, occupations that are secondary in nature. I can cite 17 separate facts of varying degrees of quality from this one source. Is that lumping?

I agree with your wish for a Reunion-based quality field for citations.
              Lives in Texas
              Using R12 on iMac 2015, running Mojave; RTouch on iPad
              Researching SACKS; FARNSWORTH; HUNTER; KADERABEK; HOLY; CERNY; and SUCHOVSKY

Comment

No that's not lumping and now that you are explaining it I can see how the quality of the source might change on a fact to fact basis. So I don't think you have any choice but to put it into the citation detail - but you could run into problems if you have any longer citations. 256 character limit.

Comment

Working...
                X