birthdates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

birthdates

Is there a way to get a list of birthdates for all persons in my family file?

The Calendar sidebar; set the settings to Event: Birth; Chronological; all people calendar.png ; click Update and you'll get the list.

There are other ways to do this (say, with the list window), but this is probably the easiest.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Thanks Dennis. This almost gets me what I want.

I am looking to get this into a spreadsheet and sort by month/day. However the data exports with the abbreviation bir. and header for the month (in this case Feb (36). I tried using the list to get the same thing and its better in the sense that the abbreviation in front of the date is gone. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the month header?

Even so - I found it challenging to get this into a spreadsheet a bit challenging.

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 9.50.30 AM.png

Comment

If you want it sorted by month and day (but not year), you can do that easily. Is that what you're looking for?

Or if what you want is essentially what you posted without the month names separating them, why not just eliminate the 12 month names in the spreadsheet?

Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Yes, I want to sort it by month and day - not year. Is the only way to do that to change the date formatting?

Comment

IF you change the setting from "Chronological" to "All months", you get output like this, where the dates are sorted by month, and then days within the month, but the years are ignored:

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 2.48.57 PM.png

Is that useful?
            Dennis J. Cunniff
            Click here to email me

Comment

Rather than using the Calendar sidebar, I think you might be better served in this situation by using the Export function (File -> Export -> Text). In the export window, select the fields you want to export and go. You can select birth day, month, and year as separate fields, which might make it easier to sort the way you want in your spreadsheet app of choice. And unlike the sidebar, which saves RTF files, you'll get a genuine plain-text file - tab or comma delimited - that you can import directly into a spreadsheet.

-Brad
              Brad Mohr
              https://bradandkathy.com/genealogy/

Comment

Thank you both for your help!

Comment

Working...
                X