Automatic first letter capitalisation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic first letter capitalisation

As of today (before and after I did the service upgrade), Reunion is auto capitalising the first letter in my Prefix Title & Suffix Title fields. It's never done this before. I have dozens of suffixes, and the ones I have already done — like (i) and (ii) —are still correct, but new additions a coming out like: (I) and (Ii). I haven't changed any preferences for months. I use the small Roman numerals where more than one child has been given the same given name as a previous child (who probably died young). This is not happening in other programs, so is it a conflict with the latest OSX update? Does anyone else have this problem?
    Karl Craig
    Brisbane, Australia

Hmm … the problem, whatever it was, seems to have vanished now. All working as it should. Can anyone hazard a guess as to what might have been happening?
    Last edited by Karl Craig; 05 June 2020, 06:46 PM.
    Karl Craig
    Brisbane, Australia

Comment

Did you inadvertantly change the settings under the Edit Person page? There is a couple of check boxes to the right of the page under "Soundex'
      iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Hi Alan,
        Many thanks. Those check boxes have since been pointed out to me, but were unchecked when I looked. Perhaps I checked the "Initial Caps" accidentally while entering a name, and then later accidentally did it in reverse! Seems weird, but plausible. At least if it happens again, I'll know where to look! After many years using this program, you'd think I'd know this stuff! :-)
        Karl Craig
        Brisbane, Australia

Comment

Working...
        X