Page Breaks in Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page Breaks in Reports

I am about to publish my family history using the Report (Book) feature. I would like to insert page breaks between families. I have not found this option and am wondering if it exists or if there is a workaround.

Rodepp, I've published a Book from Reunion for many years now. I use the Register Report format and found that it will automatically insert page breaks between sections (front cover, table of contents, my own introduction, surnames, generations, sources, indexes, etc.) Families are not separated in this format. I publish the Book as a .pdf, and update it whenever I've made a significant number of changes to my Family File, then make a new .pdf (keeping the same file name) and replace the older version. The .pdf is located in my Dropbox and I've provided family members with a link to that file, so they can download the most recent copy whenever they wish to view it.
    Steve Thomas
    iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

Originally posted by rodepp View Post
      I have not found this option and am wondering if it exists or if there is a workaround.
      This is not possible within Reunion -- however, it may be possible to use a PDF editor (once the book has been saved as a PDF) to insert the page breaks. I'm not certain as I don't have much experience with PDF editors.
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

That's what I did for my book. Even in 'Preview' you can add and delete pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post

This is not possible within Reunion -- however, it may be possible to use a PDF editor (once the book has been saved as a PDF) to insert the page breaks. I'm not certain as I don't have much experience with PDF editors.
          Unfortunately due to the nature of PDFs, you can't insert a page break in the middle of an existing page and have the document reflow after that. You may be able to duplicate the page you want to split, and delete opposite halves from each of those 2 pages.

(As pforbes says, working with entire pages is easy enough.)
          Surnames Dresch, Eyden, Lunn, Mountfort, Page, Robinson, Ryan, Whitworth, and more.

Comment

Working...
          X