Changing the name of a Multimedia folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the name of a Multimedia folder

If I edit the name of a folder containing multimedia records, will the family file using multimedia files in that folder automatically adjust to the edited folder name?

Originally posted by PGHJ View Post
    If I edit the name of a folder containing multimedia records, will the family file using multimedia files in that folder automatically adjust to the edited folder name?
    Yes. Reunion 12 should adjust to the change in the folder name. However, if you run into an issue with Reunion not automatically adjusting to that change, use Reunion's multimedia repair feature to fix the broken links.

Information about repairing multimedia links can be found by searching for "repair multimedia" in the manual. To access the manual, click on the "?" in the lower-left corner of just about any Reunion window or choose Help -> Contents.

I hope you find this information helpful

Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Yes, thank you Deb, that's very helpful and encouraging. Mind if I share a bit why I'm doing this ... you might have some advice!?
      My cousin just bought Reunion (yay!) and I will be sending the Reunion family files to her that I have ... 1 family file and 2 multimedia folders (sending using Dropbox). I'm expecting she will be able to start using Reunion with the wealth of family information that I've been gathering for 20 years in Reunion. The 2 multimedia folders (one each for Documents and Pictures) have many many hundreds of files, so I'm anxious that her family file will be able to have those (Multimedia in family views, Sources, etc.). (sorry for the long background) My MM folder names include my own name, and it would be nice if her MM folders (with the same contents) had her own name (or something generic). So ... that's why I'm asking, and concerned if we change the folder names, how well can the family file adjust ... again, there may be 1000+ multimedia files!

Comment

Originally posted by PGHJ View Post
        Mind if I share a bit why I'm doing this ... you might have some advice!?
        My cousin just bought Reunion (yay!) and I will be sending the Reunion family files to her that I have ... 1 family file and 2 multimedia folders (sending using Dropbox)...
        I think Reunion 12 on your cousin's Mac will be fine if she puts the multimedia folders in their respective locations or if both end up in the Pictures folder. As suggested in my previous reply, if there are problems, I recommend she use the multimedia repair feature in Reunion to point Reunion 12 to the appropriate location(s) for the multimedia items.

Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X