How to blank the marriage field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to blank the marriage field

When the marriage field needs to be left blank but you do select something inappropriately, how do you blank it?

JL, thank you

Specifically what was done wrong and what is incorrectly appearing?

Also, is it appearing for a "couple" or a "person" (just a male or female) on the family view?

Your reply could be helpful in determining the most appropriate way to handle the situation.

Thanks
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by JLSala View Post
      When the marriage field needs to be left blank but you do select something inappropriately, how do you blank it?

JL, thank you
      If what you are saying is that you mistakenly used the popup in the Marriage window, just use the popup to set it back to the default which is Unmarried. I'm just doing an intelligent guess but otherwise would have the same thoughts as Deb.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

I wanted to leave it blank as it is by default but selected unmarried and afterwards could not find a way to restore the blank. You could say the situation was common law or domestic partnership but I don't really know.

I had another situation where a person had an extramarital affair which resulted in offspring which the person has a good ongoing relarionship with but they don't carry his name. When I create register reports it list the extramarital person as a spouse even if I enter unmarried. I wish the report would include the classification of none when the marriage field being blank.

Comment

I wanted to leave it blank as it is by default but selected unmarried and afterwards could not find a way to restore the blank. You could say the situation was common law or domestic partnership but I don't really know.
          Since you are not sure of their specific designation, the best way to move forward with making the marriage field blank would be to drag the "marriage" button to the clipboard. However, in doing this, one of the spouses will be moved to the clipboard as well and you will need to re-link the couple. If they had any children, you "may" need to re-link those children as well.

In any case, I recommend making a note of the names and birth dates prior to dragging the marriage button to the clipboard just in case you do need to re-link anyone afterward.

I had another situation where a person had an extramarital affair which resulted in offspring which the person has a good ongoing relarionship with but they don't carry his name. When I create register reports it list the extramarital person as a spouse even if I enter unmarried. I wish the report would include the classification of none when the marriage field being blank.
          Hmm...I'm not seeing this in Register reports when Unmarried is "selected" in the Edit Family / Marriage panel. Please double-check that it is selected. If it is, choose Reunion -> Preferences and click on Fields. Then, click on the Family tab in the Field Preferences window. Next, select the Unmarried field in the Marriage Fields column on the left. Ensure "did not marry" is entered for the narrative form for the Verb. If not, change it to read as...
          Verb: did not marry

I hope you find this information helpful in moving forward

Deb Stuller
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X