I don't see the file>export for creating a GEDCOM file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see the file>export for creating a GEDCOM file

I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I have Reunion 12 (OSX 10.15) and want to create a GEDCOM file of my Reunion tree. The instructions I found on the FAQ page say to go to File > Import/Export > GEDCOM. But when under the File menu, I only see New Family File.... Open .... Open Recent.... Close.... Get Info.... and Save a Backup Copy.

So I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong there, but maybe the bigger question is this....
    I have a good sized tree in Reunion, but I've made significant additions to my Ancestry tree online. I don't want to manually enter everything again, so is there some reasonable way to do this? My initial thought was to create two GEDCOM files (from Reunion and Ancestry) and compare them, but I'd still be faced with lots of manual entries, and it would be an on-going chore.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to accomplish the goal, as well as the export GEDCOM question.

Thanks, Pat

There should be more options under File >. See the attached screen shot. But you have to select 'Family View' first. These options are not all present in other views, eg 'Tree View'.

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 21.43.33.png

Good luck with your GEDCOM files !!!

Warwick

Comment

Thanks, Warwick.

Comment

Working...
      X