Deleting a source person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting a source person

I have an isolated ancestor on my new Reunion that says Peter Adam - source. He's not connected to anyone, although I have 5 other Peter Adams, who are all legitimately connected, so I feel the need to clean him out. Maybe he was added as a mistake. How do I do this?

An easy way to delete a person from your family file is to select that person's name in the People sidebar on the right and choose File -> Delete -> Selected Person. Then, click Delete.

Other ways to delete a person can be found in the manual by searching for "delete people." To access the manual, choose Help -> Contents or click on the "?" in the lower-left corner of just about any Reunion window.

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

I have Reunion 12.0, and I don't see an File -> Delete -> Selected Person anywhere. I clicked on the person I was to delete, both left and right -- no luck. Any other way to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by cigadam View Post
        I have Reunion 12.0, and I don't see an File -> Delete -> Selected Person anywhere. I clicked on the person I was to delete, both left and right -- no luck. Any other way to do this?
        The person has to be selected in the Sidebar. So... right-click (or control-click) on a person and choose "Show in Sidebar," then look in the File menu and the Delete -> Selected Person option should be available.
        Last edited by bmohr; 09 July 2020, 08:10 PM. Reason: missing word no longer missing
        Brad Mohr
        https://bradandkathy.com/genealogy/

Comment

It's OK, I just found that I can drag the person to the Clipboard, thus removing them from the Family View!

Comment

Got it, bmhor. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X