Event Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Type

Many of my Marriages have a calendar icon in the Marriage Field when in Family View, with or without other information. When I click on it the Type slot has *New [_UID] instead of Marriage. How did these show up? Is there any way to remove all of them at one time, or will they have to be done individually? They appeared after either an update or a move from an old computer to a new computer. Thanks!

Hi Roberta,

Originally posted by Roberta Martin View Post
    How did these show up?
    These would be the result of importing a GEDCOM file that had a field in the family information that was tagged as _UID. Normally this data would end up in Reunion's internal (and hidden) unique identifier (UID) field, but it appears for some reason that didn't happen in this case -- perhaps due to an issue with the formatting of the GEDCOM.

Is there any way to remove all of them at one time, or will they have to be done individually?
    You can completely delete the *NEW [_UID] field by going to:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Fields, Family, Events

You should see the *NEW [_UID] field in the list on the left. Click to select it, then click the Remove *NEW [_UID] field at the bottom of the list.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

That worked! I have never imported a gedcom, so it must have happened when I moved the program to my new computer.
      Thanks Mark!

Comment

Working...
      X