Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source / Citation data - problem with merging

Hello;
    My source list is a mess. I have not been consistent in how I enter them and now I have many sources that are worded slightly differently that should actually be the SAME source. I have merged some of them successfully, but I may be doing it incorrectly.

Question One: I have a problem that I wonder if any of you can help me with. I want my source 464 to say "1910 Census of USA". In the bottom "Preview" area of my source 464 there is the entry "464. Massachusetts". This entry is probably a leftover from when I merged sources. I am not able to delete the "464. Massachusetts". It appears in all my "1910 Census of USA", even if the Census source is from a different state. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Question Two: By merging sources, some source numbers were made redundant. Can I create new sources and use the numbers that were discarded in the merge?

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine,

Originally posted by Lorraine View Post
    In the bottom "Preview" area of my source 464 there is the entry "464. Massachusetts".
    The Preview area shows you what the source will look like in a report. It is built from the data in the source - if you're seeing text there that doesn't belong, be sure you've checked all fields (including the Free-Form Text field) to ensure they don't contain that data. It should be in one of those fields.

Question Two: By merging sources, some source numbers were made redundant. Can I create new sources and use the numbers that were discarded in the merge?
    Unused source numbers are automatically re-used when you create new sources.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X