Change Main Couple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Main Couple

Newbie here. What do I need to change so that my husband and I are the "main couple" when I open Reunion 12?
    Thank you in advance.

Without me looking, search manual for home family, and then source person.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Right click or control click on either yourself or your wife. In the resulting popup menu, select Find Relatives. That will make either yourself or your wife the source person. Only one person can be the source, thus no "main couple".... As suggested, you can also click on the question mark in the lower left to bring up the manual and look for info about source person.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
        Without me looking, search manual for home family, and then source person.
        FYI these are two separate options and which you want depends on what you want to do.

The Home Family is the record that opens when you click the Home icon at bottom-center of the Family View, or that appears automatically when you first open your family file if Home family is selected for the Go the the: option in Reunion -> Preferences, Startup.

The Source Person is the individual that is the source for calculating relationships. That person does not need to be one of the spouses of the Home Family, it can be anyone in the family file.

HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X