Islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islands

I have just visited the "island" feature and found (4) islands each with one person but when clicking on them, they are being shown as children clearly of wrong parents.

Obviously when adding them to my tree, I must have selected the wrong couple as parents.

How do I remove/delete their entries?

I know you should go to the parents page and drag them from the list of children to the clipboard. Unfortunately, they don't show up amongst the children, hence not able to drag to the clipboard.

I haven't noticed this problem before.

So has anyone else ever seen this situation?

Alan
    iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

I have over 300 islands and they are literally that. Regardless of whether they consist of one person or more they are not attached anything else, outwith the island.

Comment

Hi Alan,

Originally posted by alan View Post
      I have just visited the "island" feature and found (4) islands each with one person but when clicking on them, they are being shown as children clearly of wrong parents.
      It sounds like you may have some minor linking issues in your family file. If you're willing to send the family file to us, we should be able to repair these issues and return a fixed file to you.

Details on how to send your family file to us can be found in this FAQ.

HTH
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Wow...I have 25 islands, one of them with 525 people in it!! Something is clearly very shagged up with my file. How can I possibly fix that?
        Researching Allens of Yeovil and Worcester; Grahams of Liverpool; Green of London (Lambeth)

Comment

I'm guessing that everyone will have at a minimum 1 "island". When I ran it on my file, the result was 1 island that contained everyone in the file!
          Dennis B. Swaney
          Prescott, AZ

MacOS 10.13.6; MacOS 12.6; iOS 16; iPadOS 12 & 16

Comment

Are there any duplicate names in your file? Maybe you need to do some merging.
            Or else there may some links that have been broken; this will be much harder to put right ☹️ It will need you to chart some trees and use your memory of who should join to who.
            Last edited by John Hill; 12 February 2020, 05:45 AM.

Comment

I was presented with a new-to-me option (Reunion 11) to merge two person records of the same person. It seemed to work, but the one person remained and after recording all the now redundant information, I deleted that person. I have that issue again and will proceed very cautiously because I have only a vague notion of the concept.

And, after a hiccup with Mac OS I have an even more vague understanding of backups.

Comment

Working...
              X