Finding family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding family

I can not search for a family, entering only the last name of the husband, and the last name of the wife. What am I doing wrong?

Huub ter Beek
    Huub TM ter Beek, the Netherlands

You cannot search for both last names in the same search.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Originally posted by HuubTM View Post
      I can not search for a family, entering only the last name of the husband, and the last name of the wife.
      This can be done by following these steps...

Choose Find and select the Couples tab.

Then, select these Conditions...

Name > Husband First + Mid Last ... Contains ... <enter surname>

And

Name > Wife First + Mid Last ... Contains ... <enter surname>

I hope you find this information helpful
      Deb Stuller
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

So, I only can find a couple when I enter the full first en last names of man and wife, I can not find a couple when I only enter last names. I find this a shortcoming, because sometimes it is very usefull when more then one brothers married girls, sisters or other familymembers, with same names. Reunion, can this be an update?

Huub ter Beek

Comment

Originally posted by HuubTM View Post
          So, I only can find a couple when I enter the full first en last names of man and wife, I can not find a couple when I only enter last names. I find this a shortcoming, because sometimes it is very usefull when more then one brothers married girls, sisters or other familymembers, with same names. Reunion, can this be an update?

Huub ter Beek
          As in Deb Stuller's reply these search parameters will work with <enter surname> meeting your request for 'find a couple when I only enter last names'. Just to be sure I tried it with my own surname and my wife's maiden surname - it works.
          Dave Walton
          Tree - Walton, Haggerston, Chambers, Munro, Haught, Schlager, Scannell...
          iMac M1, Macbook Air M2, MacOS Ventura 13.2, Reunion 13

Comment

Now I see. What I did wrong was, I choose "is". instead of: "contains". How simple can it be. Thanks.

Huub

Comment

Hate to point out the obvious BUT.... If you know the last name(s), skip using the Find function. Just switch the right hand column to "People" and start typing the last name in the find box. People is where I leave that column most of the time. It's much faster than going to the Find function.
              Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
              Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
              iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
                Hate to point out the obvious BUT.... If you know the last name(s), skip using the Find function. Just switch the right hand column to "People" and start typing the last name in the find box. People is where I leave that column most of the time. It's much faster than going to the Find function.
                Ya know, when I first answered the question, THIS is what I envisioned. (Head slap!!) I can't imaging using the find function for such a simple task.
                rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

If you take a look at the solution Deb provided, it finds the couple where the husband has last name "X" and wife has last name "Y" - that's not a search that can be done via the People sidebar, as you can only search for either last name "X" or last name "Y" (not the combination of both) in the People sidebar.
                  Mark Harrison
                  Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                  X