Recording historical notes --- how to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recording historical notes --- how to?

Not sure where to start with my question ..... I have some typewritten notes (received many years from an unremembered source) that details some family history. Both in a general sense and also some specifics regarding names & dates & places. If this information is historical to say my GGG grandfather, it is also the history of my GG grandfather, his siblings and all their children and so on.

I suppose I can type it up under notes for my GGG GF, but I sure wouldn't want to retype it for everyone .... as there is quite a bit of information. So I guess what I'm struggling with is how to treat this information. I have a hardcopy and also a scanned to computer copy. Can it be copied to one individual and then linked to everyone else that it pertains to? Would the multimedia feature work best ... or is there a better way?! Or am I overthinking this!

When I first started researching genealogy, I think I became more of a collector of data than a real researcher or keeper of records. Now after returning to genealogy after a long absence, I do believe I will pay the price for my sloppiness!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    cheers, Derreck

Here's what I would do. If the scan is clearly legible, I certainly wouldn't retype it. I would drop it in the Multimedia of all the main characters. Also, I would make a source with the scan image[s] attached, source type Personal Notes. The little red source number I would then attach to each fact for which it provides evidence.

Comment

Thank you for your response ... I will explore that.

Comment

Working...
      X