Source for "No Children"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source for "No Children"

Is it possible to add a source for the "no children" designation? I'd like to be able to do so when I have specific information that a couple had no children as opposed to just not knowing. Thanks!

Good question, Molly! I would like to know, too!
    Kaye Mushalik
    -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
    -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
    -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

When I have something that needs an explanation, as opposed to a straight standard type of source, I have a source I've called "Hopkins, Susan: comments of". Then, when I use that source, I add my thinking in the details for that use. Thinking as I write about the particular instance you ask about, in the citation detail I might write something like "family lore", "personal knowledge", or "no sign of children in sources found thus far".

Comment

I don't think Reunion has the facility to add a source for "no children", but the fact is that there can be sources - an autobiography or obituary perhaps - so this seems to be a flaw.

Comment

Originally posted by A Hougie View Post
          I don't think Reunion has the facility to add a source for "no children", but the fact is that there can be sources - an autobiography or obituary perhaps - so this seems to be a flaw.
          I've often thought the same.

Comment

The "No Children" status is essentially just a flag setting. It is not possible to attach sources to individual flags, so I presume that same logic was used in regard to the No Children flag. If you want to enter sources or any other information about any flag (individual or couple), you can create one or more Notes to add explanations or attach sources related to the flag.

Comment

I would add the Source to the Death record for the person (if single) or the Marriage record (for the couple) adding 'no children confirmed' in the Detail line for the source.

Flags do not have sources and do not travel between programs. There is also no other way to communicate between programs that a person or couple is confirmed as not having children.
              --
              Eric Van Beest
              Spring, TX

Researching: Van Beest, Feijen, Van Herk

Comment

Working...
              X