No announcement yet.

Printing the manual or portions thereof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, I do want to try it BUT..... I don't see any file that sounds like it is the manual. Of course, I don't have the actual name of the file. I'm no stranger to opening package contents and exploring; I looked in all the nooks and crannies. Am I in the wrong place? Where I'm looking is the package contents for the Reunion 12 app in the Applications folder.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      Actually, I do want to try it BUT..... I don't see any file that sounds like it is the manual. Of course, I don't have the actual name of the file. I'm no stranger to opening package contents and exploring; I looked in all the nooks and crannies. Am I in the wrong place? Where I'm looking is the package contents for the Reunion 12 app in the Applications folder.
      Bob,
      apparently this is new territory for you: After you ctrl-click the Reunion 12 App open the package content, open > Contents, Open > Resources, Open > en.lproj, Open > Reunion 12 Manual. Voila.
      If you can't get this to work for you, there are two alternatives 1) you can download the resources files from the Leisterpro site 2) you can download the finished PDF via the link, which I provided.
      SauerRL@me.com • info@reunion-de.de
      Web: http://www.schevenhuette.com
      Web: http://www.reunion-de.de

Comment

Originally posted by Reiner L. Sauer View Post

Yes, this is no speculation. It really works! Here's how to do it. Either copy/drag the manual from the resources of Reunion (ctrl-click Reunion 12 etc.) or download the latest resource from https://www.leisterpro.com/doc/v12/a...ltresource.php
        Next, open Acrobat Pro and create PDF from Website. If you don't have the appropriate PDF-creation software, you can download the 720-page manual via this link:

Enjoy!
        Reiner

Reiner, Thank you so much! I'm not a great techie like you and Bob so really appreciate the PDF you put together!

Happy New Year,
        Kaye
        Kaye Mushalik
        -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
        -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
        -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

...........Reunion 12 App open the package content, open > Contents, Open > Resources, Open > en.lproj, Open > Reunion 12 Manual.............
          Reiner: One of my favorite things about ReunionTalk is that I learn new things regularly. Looks like I need one more bit of guidance from you. With PDFpen Pro, I went File > New > From HTML. First Finder box said to select a folder; I selected Reunion 12 Manual. Next Finder box said Select Index File. There is not a file evident with the usual name of index.html. Choosing manualcontents.html creates just a two page PDF of the contents; choosing csslist creates a one pager. What am I missing? Thank you in advance.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Bob White; 01 January 2020, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Yes, this is no speculation. It really works! Here's how to do it. Either copy/drag the manual from the resources of Reunion (ctrl-click Reunion 12 etc.) or download the latest resource from https://www.leisterpro.com/doc/v12/a...ltresource.php
            Next, open Acrobat Pro and create PDF from Website. If you don't have the appropriate PDF-creation software, you can download the 720-page manual via this link:

Enjoy!
            Reiner

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Now that I have the PDF, I only have to print it out!

Unfortunately, Leister has fallen into the same pit as most other vendors and deleted a proper printed manual for a substandard digital one. Whether it be HTML or PDF, digital manuals require the use of an additional computer or tablet to view the manual while also viewing the Reunion application at the SAME TIME. At least with a PDF it can be printed into a proper manual.
            Dennis B. Swaney
            Prescott, AZ

MacOS 10.13.6; MacOS 12.6; iOS 16; iPadOS 12 & 16

Comment

On the other hand, searching the online manual on specific keywords is not possible on a printed manual. And, why not simply connect a second monitor to your Macbook or whatever computer you use? No need for a second PC or tablet.
              Huub TM ter Beek, the Netherlands

Comment

My usual method is to get a PDF version any manual or get started document and put it on my iPad. Then I (a) always have it with me and (b) can prop up the iPad next to the Mac to follow the steps of a new/revised procedure, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by HuubTM View Post
                  On the other hand, searching the online manual on specific keywords is not possible on a printed manual. And, why not simply connect a second monitor to your Macbook or whatever computer you use? No need for a second PC or tablet.
                  Except that printed manuals are a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a separate display (which I can't attach to my iMac), computer, or tablet.
                  Dennis B. Swaney
                  Prescott, AZ

Comment

Actually, if Leister were to print a manual it would probably cost about $50. For $50 go on to Craigslist or meander down to your local Goodwill and you can probably find a used monitor for about $50.

Just looked on ebay and there are a number of new monitors available for under $30. with free shipping. (Not quite sure how they manage free shipping at that price.)
                    Last edited by cponeill; 17 January 2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cponeill View Post
                      Actually, if Leister were to print a manual it would probably cost about $50. For $50 go on to Craigslist or meander down to your local Goodwill and you can probably find a used monitor for about $50.

Just looked on ebay and there are a number of new monitors available for under $30. with free shipping. (Not quite sure how they manage free shipping at that price.)
                      Even a free monitor is no good since my iMac doesn't have a video out port.
                      Dennis B. Swaney
                      Prescott, AZ

Comment

Working...
                      X