Charts not printing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts not printing.

I haven't attempted to print charts in a long time, but it didn't use to be a problem. Today I'm trying to send my cousin his 8 generation chart, and no matter what I select to try printing, I get no response from the system. All I want to do is send a simple .pdf to let him see what there is on the file, and I find no print options, other than sending as mail. If I select that, nothing goes to my mail program. I looked at the manual, it says open in Preview. When I go thru preview, the file is grayed out in the list of reports. I've been fighting this for about an hour and can't find any way to output the chart. The file is about 586 mb, but that doesn't seem too large for a graphic. How do I get the darned thing from the chart within Reunion to a .pdf to send out, either by mail or thru a dropbox link?
    Thanks
    Lynda

Hi Lynda,

I've been looking at your problem & I think I may have solved it.

I created an 8 x gen. Fan chart on my desktop, then went to Reunion > file > "Save Graphic File" to my desktop as pdf.

Your chart should come up on one page which you can send as an attachment by email. In my case it is1.7 mb in size.

I tried a dummy run and it works as its been some years since I last tried. Hope you have some success.

Alan

iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, but when I try to send the file to the printer in Preview, it tells me The file "Robert.pdf" could' be opened. I've gotten to the place where I saved it as a graphic, but when I tried to open it in Preview I get a notice that all the files in that folder can not be opened. I can get a fan chart to print on 4 pages, but when I go to the Ancestor format, it keep saying that the .pdf can not be opened.

Comment

Hi Lynda, I hope you were able to get your issue resolved. If not, I have a few things to ask and suggest. It sounds to me very much like you're trying to create the PDF from the Tree View. If so, after you click the share button at the bottom of the Tree View window and open the tree in Preview, I'd suggest you go to the File menu in Preview and choose Export as PDF. Make sure you pay close attention to where the PDF is being saved--the Desktop is a good place to make sure you don't lose track of it. Please let me know if this works (or where it goes off track).
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
        X