Citing sources of photos / multimedia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citing sources of photos / multimedia

When I link a photo/image to a person via multimedia, I use the comments field to make a note of the source - who I got the photo from, was it from a newspaper, online, etc. I find this is really important, as I have seen wrongly attributed photo's on Ancestry and other sites.

When the preferred image is included in reports, only the name of the person is printed below. Is there a way to have the description and the comments from the multimedia information included in reports?

Thanks!
    Teresa Collis

ex-Roots, ex-UFT, ex-TMG
    Reunion for Mac 13.0 (build 221018)
    Reunion Touch for iPad 1.0.18
    (macOS Ventura 13.1)

Teresa,

I do this in a way that works for me, if it is helpful, I can be more complete in another posting. After I scan a photo, I move it into PhotoShop, increase the size of the canvas, and write all this information on the 'white space' (below the photo.) I then have a complete record below the image which stays with it. If you want o send the photo to someone you can always crop this information before sending the copy. I hope this is helpful. Should you need more please send me a message.

Frank
    fzwolinski@santarosa.edu
    Frank Zwolinski
    Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.
    MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, Reunion 11, FireFox 38.0.5, Safari 6.2.2

Comment

Thanks Frank Zwolinski - sounds like a very sensible approach, and one that could work for me too. It also sounds like this means there is no way to achieve the same result from within Reunion - so that's good to know!

Cheers,
      Teresa
      Teresa Collis

ex-Roots, ex-UFT, ex-TMG
      Reunion for Mac 13.0 (build 221018)
      Reunion Touch for iPad 1.0.18
      (macOS Ventura 13.1)

Comment

Teresa,

I hope you find it satisfactory, and NO, I do not know how to do this in Reunion itself, but perhaps someone else might give you some ideas. You might try calling Reunion Tech Support, Deb and others there have been very helpful to me.

Good Luck,
        Frannk
        Frank Zwolinski
        Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.
        MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, Reunion 11, FireFox 38.0.5, Safari 6.2.2

Comment

A lot will come down to personal preference. For myself, after I have a digital image, I hit "command-I" (information) and add a source citation in the comments box for the metadata (or I try to now though I'm getting better about citing sources now than I did when I started out).
          Bradley Jansen
          OS 10.15.2 on a MacBook Pro using Reunion 12 and ReunionTouch 1.0.9

Comment

Working...
          X