Date feasibility checking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date feasibility checking

Recently I have been getting all kinds of date feasibility errors as I enter people, in which the person being entered was "born before parents' marriage." Then I noticed that the feasibility line at the bottom of every person's data fields on the family card is showing the same alert. What is REALLY weird is that the latest error upon person entry is referencing a person named "Jane Reynes" whose marriage took place after the birth date of the new person. It is weird because I do not even HAVE a Jane Reynes in my data base!! Nor any person named Reynes! Could someone please give me a hint as to what is going on? I am saving a backup copy of the family file (35,000+ people, by the way) in the hopes that it will rebuild the index and this will get sorted out.

Thanks in advance
    Mike Phelps
    Goodyear, AZ
    Researching: PHELPS, WATKINS, SPENCER, ALSFASSER, WEMHOENER, BLANCHARD, MARQUETTE, CHAVEZ, VALENZUELA

Follow-up: Making a copy of the file did nothing to correct the spurious date feasibility errors. However, quitting the program and coming back to it later did. Will keep watch for more of these error warnings, as they have happened before.
    Mike Phelps
    Goodyear, AZ
    Researching: PHELPS, WATKINS, SPENCER, ALSFASSER, WEMHOENER, BLANCHARD, MARQUETTE, CHAVEZ, VALENZUELA

Comment

Mike,
      This may sound too obvious but how are the preferences set in the "date prefs".
      In my case I have the feasibilty off, and further down I have checked "child born before age16, marriage before age 12, child born after age 70, death after age 101.
      and below those, the excluded dates ety is also unchecked.
      Alan
      iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Working...
      X