Cascading Pedigree Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cascading Pedigree Charts

I have just created a large cascading pedigree chart and it looks almost perfect .. except I have 2 things that are not showing.

(1) When I look at the attached index, the people don't have their birth and death dates in brackets as per the sample shown on the help doc page.

(2) I selected "remove duplicates" and people do have the ** at then end of their name but they don't have the chart and box number of the original branch next to it (again as per the image on the help doc page)

I have checked everything and can't figure out what I am missing or doing wrong. Is it something to do with my preferences? I have followed the help doc every step of the way but still can't seem to solve the two issues above.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Last edited by AussieHelen; 16 September 2019, 02:20 AM.

I stuck at it and the 2nd of my 2 problems has been fixed. I was having trouble getting the chart and box reference number to appear when relevant after the ** (remove duplication). It appears that the line wasn't long enough to print everything - ie name, relationship, **, as well as the chart /box combo reference. I shrunk the chart to 80% in page set up and printed horizontally. Everything is now printed on the line.

I am still trying to fix the index that appears at the end. I can't get it to print with the birth and death dates (when available) after the names, as per the diagram in the help doc.

Any takers?

Comment

Originally posted by AussieHelen View Post
      (1) When I look at the attached index, the people don't have their birth and death dates in brackets as per the sample shown on the help doc page.
      Please go to:

Reunion -> Preferences..., Reports, Index

​​​​​​​And ensure the "Show (birth-death) years" option is checked.

​​​​​​​HTH

Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Hi Mark - thanks for your help. Everything works and I now have a fantastic looking cascading chart. I have been using Reunion since at least version 8 (I think) but there are always still a lot of great tips to learn! Helen

Comment

Working...
        X