Does Reunion GEDCOM support photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Reunion GEDCOM support photos

I created a GEDCOM file out of Reunion and Imported it into Ancestry.Com. After completion, I noticed that NO photos were added to the Ancestry.Com Tree and I also noticed that my NOTES section for individual members was also not transferred. Is there a way to transfer these items?

Hi Barry,

I responded to your email about this earlier, but I thought I'd also reply here since this is a fairly common question.

After completion, I noticed that NO photos were added to the Ancestry.Com...
    GEDCOM files can't include photos because they are just text files formatted in a specific way. Reunion does export links (file path and filename) for the multimedia in the GEDCOM. Ancestry's technical support should be able to tell you how to get the images uploaded.

...I also noticed that my NOTES section ... was ... not transferred
    By default, notes are exported to the GEDCOM. On Ancestry.com notes can be found in the "Workspace" - when viewing an individual you should see a little clipboard icon to the right of the profile image at the top of their page. Clicking on that should take you to the notes.

However, Ancestry.com appears to only import Misc. Notes. If you have other note types, such as Medical or Research, it seems that Ancestry does not import that data.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

BarryW-if you contact Ancestry's technical support and get an answer, could you post what they said here? I am very curious how to do just that also. Thank you, Judy
      2020 M1 MBP, iPhoneXS, iPad Air 3

My Ancestry ID is: mrstucci1972

My GEDmatch is A353507. I am also on 23andMe, FTDNA and MyHeritage.

Comment

Working...
      X