Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DropBox and Web Project newbie- file size problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DropBox and Web Project newbie- file size problems.

Hi, I am new to using DropBox and the WebProject Tool in Reunion 12 Mac. The Web Project for my entire tree comes in at about 220MB, and a full upload seems excessively long. When I go to DropBox, there is no guidance to open the project, and my family would essentially have to download the whole thing to use with graphics. I feel I am doing something wrong. At least, I could use guidance on a user friendly way to share my large tree with scads of document images. Thanks for the help. -Larry Ward

Here are screen shots I see in DropBox online.
    Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 4.43.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 4.43.47 PM.png

Comment

These pictures are too small to read the text, but if there's a file in the second on called "index.htm(l)" double click that to open the home page of the site.

Roger
      Roger Moffat
      http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
      http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Ward View Post
        ....my family would essentially have to download the whole thing...
        That's correct - because Dropbox isn't a website host, just a way of syncing files between devices, the people you want to share the web project with would need to download the entire project locally in order to access it properly. Accessing it through the Dropbox website will not work correctly.

This FAQ outlines the recommended procedure for using Dropbox to share your web project.

HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Roger- when I have done that, I have seen strangely formatted pages, and lack of graphics. Mark- thanks for the FAQ link- that explains it well- my thinking was wrong about what my family could do with the dropbox file. I will have to separate out family lines, and then share them as smaller web project "bites". Help much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
          X