Adding sources to multiple records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding sources to multiple records

Is it possible to add a new source to multiple records or does this have to be done one at a time?

Years ago, and I've no idea how but I suppose by accidentally merging a whole lot of sources automatically, a number of unrelated sources got merged into each other; it's a nightmare to unpick them and the only way I've found is to create new sources for all but one of the merged ones, gradually assign these to the right people by checking the info, and then deleting that part of the merged source. Does that make sense?

It would help if, once I have isolated the pople to which a particular new source should be allocated, I could carry that out as a bulk operation.

TIA,
    Jamie.

Hi Jamie,

Originally posted by Barnbarroch View Post
    Is it possible to add a new source to multiple records or does this have to be done one at a time?
    You can assign a general source to marked entries via:

Change / Set General Sources

The source will appear in the list of General Source Citations found at the bottom of the Name tab of the Edit Person screen.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks, Mark, but I mean retrospectively to a group of people who are already in the database.

Comment

Hi Jamie,

That's what the feature I mentioned can be used for -- applying a source to existing entries in the file.

You will need to mark the entries you want the source to apply to, then go to Change in the Navbar at left, then to Set General Sources.

Select "Marked people" for "Who:", then select the source you want -- if the source isn't already in your database, add it via the Sources sidebar (click the "+" at bottom-left of that sidebar) -- enter any citation detail, then click the "Set..." button.

HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Oh brilliant, thanks, Mark!

Comment

Working...
          X