Current age for living people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current age for living people

In some of my Reunion family files the current age of all living people is displayed under their name, I have one file that doesn't have that feature, how do I turn this on?

If the age is only being shown for living people in your other family files, it sounds like you would need to do this...

1. Choose Reunion -> Preferences and click on "Family View."
    2. Click on the "Couple" tab near the top of the window.
    3. In the "Fields" section, click on "Under the Couple Buttons" if it is not already highlighted.
    4. Select the "Birth" field in the section showing the current listing of fields on the family view.
    5. On the right side, check the box to "Show age."

Afterward, you should see the age appear for people who are living.

I hope this is helpful for you in doing what you want to do

However, if I misunderstood your question or if this did not work for you, let us know.
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thanks for the very clear instructions. I want the age to be in their button not under it, when I click on the In the Button tab, I see that Age is already listed, I deleted this and then entered it again, now Age: ? appears in the field but not the age itself. How do I resolve this issue. I quit and relaunched Reunion and it didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Wright View Post
        Thanks for the very clear instructions. I want the age to be in their button not under it, when I click on the In the Button tab, I see that Age is already listed, I deleted this and then entered it again, now Age: ? appears in the field but not the age itself. How do I resolve this issue. I quit and relaunched Reunion and it didn't work.
        The ? usually means Reunion cannot calculate the age. (I.e., perhaps an incomplete date was entered?)

Or, perhaps a complete date was entered, but the "living age" could be playing a part in why you are seeing what you are. What age is set as the "living age" in the Date Preferences/Feasibility Checking panel? (To check this, choose Reunion -> Preferences and click on Dates. Then, click on Feasibility Checking.)

Also, it would be helpful to know what dates are entered for those people who have the Age: ? in their name buttons.

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there.

Thanks

Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

One family file shows the age, where another doesn't. The ages are in the format 22 Jan 1943, Jan 1943, or 1943, some are abt 1943 and some aft 1943. Feasibility is set for age over 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Wright View Post
            One family file shows the age, where another doesn't. The ages are in the format 22 Jan 1943, Jan 1943, or 1943, some are abt 1943 and some aft 1943. Feasibility is set for age over 1.
            It sounds like the problem is the Living Age setting in your Date Preferences/Feasibility Checking panel. I recommend making it somewhere between 90 and 110.

I hope you find this information helpful in getting the ages to appear

Deb Stuller
            Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thank you, I changed the 1 to 110 and now all living ages appear

Comment

Working...
              X