X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Formatting Text in Notes

Is there any way of changing the font in the notes view thus:

Family view -> select person (opens edit person) -> select notes

I wish to alter the font in this view only. At present all fonts are Lucida Grande in various sizes, but there does not appear to be a means of changing the font for this particular view. Lucida Grande doesn't do Italics.....

Any help appreciated.

Reunion 12 181 218 MacOS 10.14.5

This is just a quick suggestion, have'nt tried it myself yet.
    Preferences >General> "Font for lists and data entry" It gives an opportunity to select your font and size etc.
    Alan
    iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Originally posted by Tacitus View Post
      Is there any way of changing the font in the notes view...

I found the following in the Help file:

Fonts for Specific Note and Fact Fields

Generally speaking, fonts that appear in the family view are specified by choosing Reunion > Preferences and clicking the Family View icon. Learn more.

Likewise, the font that appears in lists and data entry fields is selected via Reunion > Preferences, clicking the General icon and then using the "Font for lists and data entry"section.

However, you can also select the font used for displaying, editing, and reporting a specific fact or note field. We recommend that you keep this set to Default; however, there may be instances where you are recording information in a fact that requires a particular font (such as Hebrew names) or a note field that requires a particular font. (Examples: you may desire to transcribe documents in their original language, or record Czechoslovakian godparent names using a Czechoslovakian font.)

To do this, choose Reunion > Preferences > Fields > Person/Family > Fact/Note. Then use the Font pop-up menu button.

Font choices (other than "Default") made here in the Field Preferences will take precedence over the "Font for lists and data entry" in the General Preferences and also the font selections in the Family View Preferences.
      Steve Thomas
      iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

Originally posted by thomprod View Post

I found the following in the Help file:

Fonts for Specific Note and Fact Fields

Generally speaking, fonts that appear in the family view are specified by choosing Reunion > Preferences and clicking the Family View icon. Learn more.

[....SNIP.......]

Thanks Thom. I did look in the help files but somehow managed to miss that.

Very helpful.

Comment

Working...
        X