Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking separated trees on same family file

I am a new user.
    I have some unconnected branches of a couple of partial trees When I try to link them up to the main tree (or to one another) using Add Father/Spouse/Spouse from Side panel, the latter person's name appears with their ancestors, but they do not become associated with the person on the original card, (whose screen position has been replaced by a blank card.. Help please.
    Robby Bee

Hi Robby,

When I try to link them up to the main tree (or to one another) using Add Father/Spouse/Spouse from Side panel, the latter person's name appears with their ancestors...
    It sounds like you may be clicking on the entry in the People sidebar that you want to link to -- instead, what you will need to do is drag that entry into the appropriate spot in the Family View. For example, if you want to add an entry as a father, you would drag it to the empty parent buttons above the appropriate person in the Family View. To add the entry as a child, drag to the Children portion of the Family View. And, to add someone as spouse drag the entry into the empty spouse button in the Family View - or if the individual in the Family View already has one spouse, drag the other spouse onto that person's spouse button (the blue/pink button with their name in it).

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Mark, you were right on the mark and I will now go on and finish building the full tree. Thank you for taking time to reply to a beginner. Bobby

Comment

Working...
      X