Word and reports again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Word and reports again

Mac with Mojave and 2019 Word, but....opening reports in Word is not working...get this message:
    Bonnie Samuel
    Research: Samuel, Gillan, Roper, McClure, Samuell, Windfuhr, Windgassen in NC, KY, IL, KS, Ireland, Germany.

Hi Bonnie,

For some reason, the screenshot of the message appears to not have uploaded properly - please try posting it again.

Thanks,
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      Hi Bonnie,

For some reason, the screenshot of the message appears to not have uploaded properly - please try posting it again.

Thanks,
      Mark,
      I am having the same problem. Reports will not open in Word, only in other word processors. No error message. Running OS X El Capitan, Vr: 10,11.6.

Frank
      Frank Zwolinski
      Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.
      MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, Reunion 11, FireFox 38.0.5, Safari 6.2.2

Comment

Frank - I've just tried doing a Ancestor Report using Word and not having any problems. Could it be you're not using the latest version of Reunion (build 181218) - I see you signature lists Ver.11.
        On the other hand I have M/S Word for Mac Ver.16.26 (only updated it 2 days ago) which may be the answer. I understand that M/S have ended support for earlier Mac versions. Just my thoughts only.
        Alan
        iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          Hi Bonnie,

Thanks,
          here it is, Mark. Thanks
          Word_Reunion_rep.png
          Bonnie Samuel
          Research: Samuel, Gillan, Roper, McClure, Samuell, Windfuhr, Windgassen in NC, KY, IL, KS, Ireland, Germany.

Comment

Hi Bonnie,

That message is coming from Microsoft Word - according to what I could find online, completely quitting out of Microsoft Word and re-opening it will supposedly fix the issue. If that doesn't resolve the problem, I'd recommend contacting Microsoft's technical support about the issue.

HTH
            Mark Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Zwolinski View Post
              I am having the same problem. Reports will not open in Word, only in other word processors. No error message. Running OS X El Capitan, Vr: 10,11.6.
              In your case, I would make sure Reunion is pointing to your current version of Microsoft Word. Open your family file and go to:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Reports, Word Processor

And select "Other..." from the menu found there, then locate and select your current version of Microsoft Word. Then see if the problem persists.

HTH
              Mark Harrison

Comment

Mark,

Thank you!! That solved the problem. I am not sure why is wasn't working before as I had already selected Word, but it does work now.

In appreciation,
                Frank
                Frank Zwolinski
                Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.
                MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, Reunion 11, FireFox 38.0.5, Safari 6.2.2

Comment

Working...
                X