All my sources have disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All my sources have disappeared

All sources in both the sidebar and the list have disappeared. I was creating a new template and went to Tools below the sources sidebar. One source was selected, and I clicked in the empty field to the left (I think it was a person's Notes area), and all the sources wee gone.
    At the top of the sidebar, it says "any" and "templates" and those cannot be changed. The only thing that moves is the up or down caret.
    All the events still have their source numbers by them in the people cards.
    Not sure what I did wrong, but how do I bring my sources back?

Also: On the Events page, the "Add source" drop-down menu at the bottom still has the latest used sources, but when I choose one, or enter the source number in that field, it doesn't "take."
    Last edited by Muriel A; 26 June 2019, 01:41 PM.

Originally posted by Muriel A View Post
    All sources in both the sidebar and the list have disappeared...how do I bring my sources back?
    My first thought is to try rebuilding cache files. To do this, click on Family View. Then, choose File -> Rebuild Cache Files and click Rebuild.

Then, let us know if problems continue.

Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

This same thing has happened to me today and I am wondering if Muriel A. was able to get her Sources back? I'm scared to death that I have lost 848 sources!!!
      James R. Denton

Comment

Hi James,

Aside from rebuilding cache files as Deb suggested for Muriel, you may also want to check a couple things:

1 - Make sure the "All" tab is selected at the top of the Sources sidebar, instead of "Family".

2 - Make sure the "Show" menu at the top of the sidebar is set to "Any".

3 - Make sure there's nothing (not even a space) in the search box to the right of the "Show" menu.

HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X