Matching Reunion sources to allow import to Ancestry.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matching Reunion sources to allow import to Ancestry.com

I am trying to match source citations on my Reunion software to use GEDCOM and have them load into Ancestry. If I use source words "source, citation and repository" like on Ancestry, would my sources transfer?

I didn't do anything special to mine or change any names. I just made sure the GEDCOM had the box for sources ticked. On Ancestry they show up as "unsourced citations." Which isn't really accurate--obviously every single citation has an associated source. But I don't have a source from Ancestry *linked*, so I think they show up that way. The entire citation is included in the "notes" field of the "Unsourced Citation." I think I'd have to go through and give each one a title by hand. But there are hundreds, so I'm never going to bother. I just included them for other researchers--if they really want to know where the info came from, sadly they'll have to dig it out.

Comment

I've never appreciated having "Unsourced Citation" used that way by Ancestry. But I have a big question going in the reverse direction -- what a truly and massive, unintelligible mess Ancestry.com made of my entire Reunion Source List several years ago when I realized I'd added a huge amount of information and sources to my Ancestry tree that I'd never incorporated into my Reunion tree. I made the big mistake of downloading a GEDCOM from my Ancestry tree and importing it to my Reunion tree. Now I'd like to just delete all the "sources" from Ancestry that are in some kind of totally useless code ... something like around 10,000 sources out of a total of 29,366. Seems to be no way to select a block of sources in the source list and delete them all at once. Must select each one individually and go through a couple of minutes with an individual delete confirmation process. Believe I'd better post this dilemma as a new thread (unless someone reading this has an idea of how to deal with it). (Leister...are you reading today?)

Comment

Working...
      X