Setting 'Home' person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting 'Home' person

Hi - I have only recently ventured back into the murky waters of genealogy and have upgraded from my old Reunion 8 to Reunion 12 and I am not, as of yet, finding it particularly easy to navigate. I want to make myself the 'Home' person and then find relationships to other people in my tree for example...I seem to recall this used to be pretty easy to do but I cannot seem to find out how to do it now! Any suggestions please folks??

Originally posted by Bashypack View Post
    I ... have upgraded from my old Reunion 8 to Reunion 12 ...
    You may find this video to be helpful in the transition. It covers the changes made to the interface in Reunion 10, which would also apply when going from 8 to 12. The manual will also be very helpful - see this FAQ for details on how to use the manual.

I want to make myself the 'Home' person...
    One way to do that is to navigate to your entry in the Family View, then hold down the Option key on your keyboard and click the Home button (at bottom-center of the Family View, between the forward/back buttons). Another method is to navigate to your entry in the Family View, then go:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Startup

And click "Use Current Family".

...and then find relationships to other people in my tree...
    You can set yourself as the source person for relationships by dragging your entry into the Relatives sidebar. Alternatively, hold down the Control key on your keyboard and click on your name button (the blue/pink button in the Family View with your name in it) and select "Find Relatives" from the menu that opens.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Sorry I completely missed this reply! Very much appreciated - thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X