Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to create tree chart with everyone in my database?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to create tree chart with everyone in my database?

I am feeling a bit stumped here, over something that is probably obvious. I would like to create a single, large Family Tree chart which includes everyone in my database, but I cannot seem to find a way to do that.. What am I missing here... Thanks for a hopefully quick response from someone.

There is no chart in Reunion that is guaranteed to include everyone in your family file. Such charts generally end up being very large and unwieldy.

Charts in Reunion follow blood relationships. Generally the way to include as many people as possible in the chart is to create a Relative chart from someone in the most recent generation, as they'll generally be blood related to the most people.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Hi,

I just got back to updating some family genealogy (in Reunion 11) that tacks on a couple hundred years to the family history (back to the 15-hundreds!) along with some narratives that I was able to add to some more recent individuals. Regardless I have been trying to figure out something similar as Harley, namely getting a tree view of EVERYONE, with a couple of end goals in mind. Seeing where I might have goofed up and missed a connection. Everyone should be connected, or seems to be, but nothing like a graphical representation to help with that.
      Get a tree view of everyone and output it to PDF.
      Yes I know it will be large and unwieldy. But there is something to having the whole family laid out in front of you to give you an idea of the actual chronological geographay of a family history that stretches some 470 years.
      Also I'm a computer tech and have access to printers and programs that would actually let me get hard copy of the tree (no doubt to the annoyance of co-workers and my wife... lol)
      I'm even having difficulty getting more that a few people to show up in tree view with some ancestor records. I am missing some info on how it works (likely), I missed some familial connections (also likely) or I am just doing something wrong. On some tree views when I get only a few people there is that line that connects other family members that only has a little nub on the end of it instead of another person. Possibly I have done something wrong in setting up the view or missed the familial connection when entering names, dates, marriages and children/parents.

So regardless of the size of the chart how unwieldy it may be is that something that is flat out impossible or merely difficult? If it's the former how does one go about requesting a feature?

Thx

Steve

Comment

Hi Steven,

Originally posted by thrint View Post
        I'm even having difficulty getting more that a few people to show up in tree view with some ancestor records.
        It should be noted that the Tree View is limited in the number of generations it can show - that view is intended as a secondary means of navigating the family file, not a comprehensive chart. You should check out Charts in the Navbar instead -- specifically, I'd recommend creating a Relative Chart as noted in my previous reply, being sure to set the number of generations as high as they will go (99 for both "Up" and "Down"). That will generally result in the majority of the file being included in one chart, and in some cases will include the entire file (if everyone is blood related to the source of the chart, or married to someone that is).

...how does one go about requesting a feature?
        Feature requests can be posted in the Wish List forum, or emailed to help@leisterpro.com

HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X